HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
Henkel promotes a holistic Diversity & Inclusion approach. The diversity of our employees, their backgrounds, experiences, talents, knowledge, creativity, and the appreciation of all their individual differences are the foundation for our competitive advantage. As a multinational corporation, Henkel employs people from 120 nations in almost 80 countries. About 85 percent of our employees work outside of Germany, with more than half of them in emerging markets.
The Product Line Manager (PLM) is responsible for execution of the product plan for APC in the APAC (w/o China) region – in line with SBU plans and global technology portfolio strategies – in order to accomplish APC financial goals. The PLM is supporting the APC SBU, but also coordinates product related activities under that SBU-product ownership with the other SBU’s. This role can be located in any location within Japan, Indonesia, Malaysia, but the primary persons for interaction will be in Japan and Malaysia.
- Additionally, the role is responsible to maintain the FG IDH’s for APC APAC w/o GCN, which can include various activities linked to production, raw material costing, product labeling and complexity management. This role will also serve as a mentor to the current PLM in GCN as well
- The role requires a lot of self-employment, networking across SBU’s and functions as well as working on complex projects and under time pressure (in case of urgencies like raw material shortages or general product quality issues)
- He/She carries out all tasks related to Product Life Cycle management (from introduction to phase out) for the APC SBU in APAC w/o GCN
- Profitability - Drives any cost out projects that are established and works with AO and other teams to complete
- Raw material and manufacturing cost development, Volume development per formulation (IB product)
- Market trends and needs
- Accompanies product introductions and coordinate with S&OP
- Steers product phase out process cross SBU for products under PLM ownership & coordinates product localizations cross region
- Facilitates TPT-meetings and focus on Cost of Goods' initiatives & monitors cost development and initiate measures to reduce TMC
- Initiates and controls all product related packaging and labelling activities (e. g. DG, CLP, market needs, regulatory obligations etc.)
- Coordinates raw material shortage management with purchasing and SBU & supports strategic purchasing measures to lower product cost
- Works with global hot melt Technology Manager on possible optimization
- Participation in quarterly S&OP demand review meetings to align AO tasks with SBU and market needs.
- Ask for regular updates from Innovation, Business Development and Product Development Managers